Miss T joined Lavish Lark’s “Smashing San Diego” for her cake smash session, a fun evening at Torrey Pines Beach .
This little beauty got to smash her cake So Cal style on the beach, enjoying the gorgeous sunset and a side show of the evening surfers.
Miss T got to sink her hands in to a super cute flip flop cake from Sweet Thing, and what a fun little surprise when she found fun rainbow drops inside.
Divas and Daredevils supplied the sweet little outfits for this cake smash adding some sassy style.
Please contact me if you would like more information on Lavish Lark’s “So Cal Cake Smash” packages.
More Pumpkin Recipes for October!
Carrot Pumpkin Cake
( This sounds like it would be a great one to have for a cake smash session)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/3 cups light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups finely grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 14-cup angel-food cake pan. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk and pumpkin puree. With mixer on low, add flour mixture to butter mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture. Scrape down bowl as needed. Fold in carrots.
- Spread batter into pan, using a small spatula to fill any air pockets. Smooth top and firmly tap pan on a flat surface several times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 70 to 75 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove cake from pan. To serve, spoon glaze over top.
You can now use the new Facebook comment feed to leave some love.
Check it out!
Lavish Photography just made it easier for you to sign up for the Little Bird Newsletter.
Use your smart phones bar code reader : Scan and fill out